This Sunday we will have a special prayer time for the upcoming elections. This prayer time will take place after each service in the prayer room. Josh Moon will be leading with a prayer and scripture guide.
Anyone new to Bethany or who hasn’t come to a lunch before is invited to join. Meet Elders and Pastors, ask questions, and get to know Bethany. Walk-ins are welcome! Sign up by going to bethanycentral.org/lunch or use a response card.
Starting next week we will be entering a new sermon series on the life of Joseph titled Living the Dream. Pastor Josh will begin the series with a message from Genesis 37.
Student Ministries is hosting a Scripture Memory Workshop with Jeremy Kluth. All are invited just come back after lunch and meet us in the sanctuary!
The New Creations Adult Bible Community is starting a new series on “The Gospel and Tough Topics.” They are starting today with a discussion on the sufficiency of scripture before covering topics such as science, personhood & abortion, pornography, homosexuality, and race & ethnicity.
Get your car prepared for winter free of charge by the Car Care team. If you are a senior saint, single mother, or a college student this is for you. Services include: oil change, full car inspection, tire inspection, fluid top-off, air filter changes, & windshield wiper change. Call Chaz Ruppman at 309.696.2727.
There will be outdoor games, a bonfire, and a food truck. We’re asking that everyone bring lawn chairs. Food truck prices range from $10-$15 for a meal depending on what you order.
We have begun collection and there is a table in the foyer with more information and boxes ready to pack. All boxes need to be turned in to the church by November 20th at the latest in order to be shipped.
Icebreaker: If you had to choose one worship song to sing while stuck in prison, what might it be?
- What circumstances in your life threaten to overshadow your courage to share the gospel and the joy of salvation?
- Have you ever seen someone display true gospel joy in the midst of a dark trial?Share a time when a moment of desperation become an opportunity for God to work.
- How do different passages in the Bible inform the way we think about injustice suffered by ourselves and others? (Ps 94; Mt 5:10-12)
- What is the difference between an unhealthy worldly optimism and a healthy Christian optimism? (Phil 4:4-7; Jas 1:2-4)
- Why is worship through song so meaningful to Christians? (Col 3:15-16)
- What windows of opportunity for Gospel witness are in front of you right now? (Col 4:5-6)
- Do you, or someone you know, need to take the step of baptism to show you’ve become a follower of Jesus? (Mt 28:18-20)
- What can you do this week to share some practical expressions of gospel joy with others? (1 Thess 1:4-7; Tit 2:11-14)