Envelopes to contribute are available throughout November on tables in the foyer as you leave the sanctuary or in your ABC rooms. Or give online at bethanycentral.org/gogive.
Next week we will provide a list of those who are active duty or veterans of the military connected with our church so that you can keep them in your prayers. Let us know if you have someone you would like included on the list. Go to bethanycentral.org/vet or use a response card.
As we continue to update important items we want to communicate how to access sermon notes on a weekly basis. You can find them on the digital bulletin as a PDF for viewing or printing, on the back of the print bulletin, and in the app each week under “This Sunday.”
The New Creations Adult Bible Community is starting a new series on “The Gospel and Tough Topics.” They are covering topics such as science, personhood & abortion, pornography, homosexuality, and race & ethnicity.
Steve Hornbrook will share about his time in Malawi and Pastor Lyall will share about his time in Uganda. RSVP using your MyBethany or on a response card.
The group meets every 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month from 6:30-8:30PM. All skill levels are welcome.
There will be outdoor games, a bonfire, and a food truck. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9th. Food truck prices range from $10-$15 for a meal depending on what you order.
Collection has begun and all boxes need to be turned in by November 20th in order to be shipped. Drop off your boxes at the table in the foyer.
We will be sending letters to our college students in a few weeks letting them know that we are praying for them. We include gift cards to bless them. If you would like to contribute, please drop off $10 gift cards from various restaurants, coffee houses or stores by Nov. 20th. If you have a college student, email their address to email@example.com so we can include them in our list.
What is the ‘American Dream’ and who seems like they’ve achieved it?
- What made Joseph’s brothers hate him so much? What did Joseph’s
brother’s jealousy and hatred lead them to do?
- How did Jacob’s choices impact his children; and how did their choices
- What are some ways that God has not answered or even ‘shattered’ our
dreams or the dreams of people we know?
- What makes us doubt that sins like jealousy, partiality, pride, or bitterness
- What sins might people be tempted to cover up regardless of the cost to
- What are some ways in which we might be tempted to view / respond to
- What are some clear promises of God that can give us hope in this world
of suffering and sin?
- Can you share some ways that you have experienced the unintended
consequences of someone else’s sin?
- Has your family experienced any types of dysfunction (jealousy, partiality,
etc) similar to Jacob’s family?
- Are there any sins of arrogance or envy or bitterness that you need to
confess to God, and replace with prayer for other’s good?