Envelopes to contribute are available throughout November on tables in the foyer as you leave the sanctuary or in your ABC rooms. Or give online at bethanycentral.org/gogive.
We have created a list of those who are active duty or veterans of the military connected with our church so that you can keep them in your prayers. You can pick up the list on the welcome tables next to the print bulletin, or get a digital copy at bethanycentral.org/vet.
As we continue to update important items we want to communicate how to access sermon notes on a weekly basis. You can find them on the digital bulletin as a PDF for viewing or printing, on the back of the print bulletin, and in the app each week under “This Sunday.”
Our deepest sympathies to Barb Losey as well as Janelle West (Jay), & Tim Losey, on the death of their husband and father Gary Losey on Wednesday, November 9th. Gary served on staff at Bethany many years ago and was a GO Partner for the last 20 plus years.
We want to welcome Kerri Schellenberg to Bethany staff team. Kerri will be serving as the part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator.
Collection has begun and all boxes need to be turned in by November 20th in order to be shipped. Drop off your boxes at the table in the foyer.
We will be sending letters to our college students in a few weeks letting them know that we are praying for them. We include gift cards to bless them. If you would like to contribute, please drop off $10 gift cards from various restaurants, coffee houses or stores by Nov. 20th. If you have a college student, email their address to email@example.com so we can include them in our list.
Christmas Devotional Books will be available in the foyer starting next week and will be on display through Sunday, December 12. Supplies are limited. Only one per family please.
The Church office & building will be closed (including all activities) the afternoon of the 23rd as well as the 24th and 25th of November.
We are excited to be voting new members into Bethany in two weeks, watch next week’s bulletin for details on who you can be encouraging and welcoming into our church family.
- What adversities are you experiencing right now? How are you doing in the face of them? Seriously, how are you doing?
- How does Joseph’s story help with perspective regarding our present trials and troubles? What does this story teach us about God’s invisible hand?
- Why was the Lord “with Joseph”? How might we gain such favor from the Lord? How might we forfeit such favor?
- The popular phrase says, “I believe everything happens for a reason.” In what sense might this be true? In what sense might this not be true?
- What does this story teach us about the nature of temptation? How have you been tempted by sin?
- What does this story teach us about how we can overcome temptation? What helps you in your fight for a righteous life?