- Prelude: Come Lord Jesus
- Call to Worship
- His Mercy Is More
- Jesus Is Better
- Scripture Reading | Ephesians 4:58-32 (page 977)
- Sermon: HOW COULD YOU?: AVOIDING DIVINE HEARTBREAK
- Holy Spirit
THIS WEEK AT BETHANY
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5
- 9:00am | Worship Service
Sunday School (3yrs-12th grade)
Adult Bible Community
- 10:30am | Worship Service
Children’s Church (3yrs-5th grade)
Adult Bible Community
- 7:00pm | Night of Worship
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
- 6:45am | Men’s Bible Study: Jeremiah
- 9:00am | Men’s Bible Study: Isaiah
- 9:00am | Ladies’ Bible Study: Romans
- 12:00pm | Ladies’ Bible Study: Heaven
- 6:30pm | Adult Co-Ed Soccer
wedneSDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
- 4:45pm | Bethany Family Meal
- 6:00pm | Youth Group
- 6:15pm | Awana
- 6:30pm | Better Together
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 9
- 9:00am | Ladies’ Bible Study: God of Deliverance
NIGHT OF WORSHIP | TONIGHT | 7:00pm
Join us outside by the lake for worship! After the service we will have ice cream on the patio.
BETTER TOGETHER |WEDNESDAYS | 6:30pm
Join us in person or online this Wednesday! Our first series will be Tough Topics including: Sunday Habits, Expectations, Entertainment, Disagreement and Stewardship.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
There are many available opportunities to serve in Children’s Ministry:
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT NURSERY – 8 quarterly spots
- CHILDREN’S CHURCH – 6 quarterly spots
- NURSERY HOST – 5 quarterly spots
- NURSERY – 13 teams have openings
BETHANY FAMILY NEWS
- Our deepest sympathy to Steve & Shelley Weaver on the loss of her father, Dale Wagoner, on August 27.
- We would like to thank Gary & Ann Bryant for their many years of service at Bethany. We wish them all the best with their move to Tennessee!
LADIES’ BIBLE STUDIES
FALL STUDIES START THIS WEEK!
Classes this fall are offered in person at church, online via video conference, or by independent study. Classes are available:
- Monday Afternoon
- Tuesday morning, afternoon or evening
- Thursday morning or evening
Childcare is offered from 9:00-11:00am on Thursdays. Questions? Contact Dede
Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register or for more information, see the table in the lobby or view classes here or sign up on your mybethany.
STARTING THIS WEEK
We are starting up our Family Meals this fall and we need your help! Come serve families that join us for dinner before AWANA and Youth Group on Wednesday evenings. Serve for 2 hours, 4:00-5:45pm—you choose the dates you are available! Sign up on today’s Communication Card or call the church office. For more information, email Pastor Lyall at email@example.com.
SUNDAY | SEPTEMBER 19 AT 6:00PM
Join us in the Sanctuary for an all church Congregational Meeting.
ADULT BIBLE COMMUNITY
The Master’s Touch class is starting a new series titled Close Encounters of the Jesus kind. Why did these encounters take place? Who were the persons who had these encounters? What happened as a result of these encounters? All are welcome to join us as we take a close look at these important divine encounters with the Son of God and the Son of Man.
- Weekly Need // $53,804
- Received Last Week // $34,102
- 2021-2022 Budget // $2,797,800
HOW COULD YOU?: AVOIDING DIVINE HEARTBREAK
Ephesians 4:25-32 | Pastor Josh Beakley
We can never break God’s promise, but we can break his heart
Five ways to avoid breaking God’s heart:
#1 TAKE ACTUAL STEPS TOWARDS WHERE GOD DIRECTS
THE PATTERN WE’RE TO FOLLOW (25-29)
#2 TRULY APPRECIATE HOW MUCH GOD CARES
THE PAIN WE’RE NOT TO INLFICT (30A)
#3 VIVIDLY REMEMBER WHAT GOD HAS DONE
THE PROMISE WE’RE TO CHERISH (30B)
#4 ABANDON ALL ATTACKS ON THOSE WHOM GOD HAS MADE
THE WEAPONS WE’RE TO FORAKE (31)
#5 EARNESTLY IMITATE HOW GOD RELATES
THE POSTURE WE’RE TO MAINTAIN (32)
- Why can’t we break God’s promise?
- Why would our actions cause God grief?
- What are some recent actual steps you’ve taken towards practical growth?
- What kinds of verbal weapons and attacks are active in our church family?
- What can we do to help each other to forgive the way that God in Christ has forgiven us?