- Prelude: Be Thou My Vision
- Call to Worship
- O Church Arise
- O Praise The Name
- Scripture Reading | Zechariah 1:7-2:13 (page 793)
- Sermon: DON’T GET TOO COMFORTABLE
- We Will Feast In The House Of Zion
THIS WEEK AT BETHANY
SUNDAY, October 3
- 9:00am | Worship Service
Sunday School (3yrs-12th grade)
Adult Bible Community
- 10:30am | Worship Service
Children’s Church (3yrs-5th grade)
Adult Bible Community
monDAY, October 4
- 11:00am | Grandparents @ Prayer
- 4:00pm | Ladies’ Bible Study: Zechariah
TUESDAY, October 5
- 6:45am | Men’s Bible Study: Jeremiah
- 9:00am | Men’s Bible Study: Isaiah
- 9:00am | Ladies’ Bible Study: Romans
- 12:00pm | Ladies’ Bible Study: Heaven
- 6:30pm | Ladies’ Bible Study: God of Deliverance
- 6:30pm | Adult Co-Ed Soccer
wedneSDAY, October 6
- 4:45pm | Bethany Family Meal-Soup & Hotdogs
- 6:00pm | Youth Group
- 6:15pm | Awana
- 6:30pm | Better Together
THURSDAY, October 7
- 9:00am | Ladies’ Bible Study: God of Deliverance
- 9:00am | Ladies’ Bible Study: Truthfilled
We welcome these new members into our church family. They were voted into membership last Sunday.
- Brittany Bennett
- Jeff & Tracy Fischer
- Celestine Kasanza & Maspy Masala
- Dorothy Magnuson
- Eric Schick
Our next Membership Class is on Saturday, October 30 from 8:00-11:00am. It’s a great opportunity to ask Questions and learn more about Bethany. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, email email@example.com.
BETTER TOGETHER | WEDNESDAYS | 6:30pm
Join us in person or online this Wednesday! Our upcoming Topic is Worship Matters.
GRANDPARENTS @ PRAYER
Monday, October 4 | 1:00am
Grandparents, we have an opportunity to powerfully touch the lives of another generation for eternity. Join us! Contact: Rod Abel at 309-253-1618
October 21 & 22 | 9:00am-4:00am
Bethany Baptist Church will be presenting the Legacy Grandparent Summit. Grandparents around the country will join together for two days tailored to help them grandparent with purpose. Register at legacycoalition.com/summit or pick up a brochure in the church lobby.
SEATING FOR FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN
Gathering as a church family for worship is an essential part of following Jesus together. It is right that we help one another make the most of this time. Beginning in October, one way we can do this for our families with young children, is by designating the rear right seating area for quicker access into and out of the sanctuary.
TO OUR CHURCH FAMILY
We wanted to say thank you so much for your love and prayers, cards & calls, sweet messages and especially warm hugs. You touched our hearts deeply. We love you all!
Jim & Vicky Elsasser
Justin & Megan Brush welcomed daughter, Ainsley Arabella on Sept. 24.
CAR CARE DAY
We invite our seniors, singles and students to bring their car on November 6th for an oil & filter change along with basic inspection. Contact Chaz Ruppman at 309-696-2727.
SOUP & HOTDOGS THIS WEEK
Cost is $3 for individuals with a $15 max per family. Those arriving between 4:45-5:30 will be asked to sit in the gym. If you arrive after 5:30, we request that you sit in the Café so we can get the gym ready for Youth Group.
Please be sure to RSVP on today’s Communication Card, your MyBethany, or by calling the church office.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY OPENINGS
- Nursery—Volunteers serve one service, once a quarter, at 9:00 or 10:30am.
- Nursery Host—Greet families one service, once a quarter for 30 minutes. 8:45-9:15am or 10:15-10:45am.
- Children’s Church—Additional volunteers are needed to fully staff Children’s Church during the 10:30 service.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to learn more.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 10 | 6:00PM
Join us as we gather to sing the Hymns of the Faith. We will gather around the grand piano in the lobby and sing in the round. Hymn books will be provided.
- Weekly Need // $53,804
- Received Last Week // $35,829
- 2021-2022 Budget // $2,797,800
RETURN TO HOPE
Don’t Get Too Comfortable
Pastor Josh Beakley
Four reminders show how Yahweh never forgets:
THE AWARENESS HE ENJOYS (1:7-11)
THE FAITHFULNESS HE MAINTAINS (1:12-17)
THE JUSTICE HE GUARANTEES (1:18-2:9)
THE CLOSENESS HE PROMISES (2:10-13)
- Have you ever lost motivation to follow God because you felt forgotten?
- Does the ‘closeness’ of God excite or scare you; and why?
- What makes us feel like God has forgotten what’s going on?
- What are we tempted to do when we feel like justice will never happen?
- In what ways are we tempted to get too ‘comfortable’ with this world or with sin?