Prelude: O Worship The King
Call to Worship
Lamb Of God
The Lord Is My Salvation
Scripture Reading |Galatians 5:15-26 (page 975)
Sermon—Lessons on the Holy Spirit
THIS WEEK AT BETHANY
SUNDAY, August 15
- 9:00am | Worship Service
Sunday School (3yrs-12th grade)
- 10:30am | Worship Service
Children’s Church (3yrs-5th grade)
monDAY, August 16
- 7:00pm | OHOH Focused Fellowship
TUESDAY, August 17
- 6:45am | Men’s Bible Study: Jeremiah
- 9:00am | Men’s Bible Study: Jude
- 10:00am | Boomers at Oak Run
- 4:00pm | Ladies’ Bible Study-Esther
- 6:30pm | Adult Co-Ed Soccer
wedneSDAY, august 18
No evening activities
thursDAY, august 19
11:00am | BEST Fellowship Lunch
AWANA | Awana is just around the corner! Here are some key dates to remember.
- Materials Pickup Night | Wednesday, August 25 from 5:45-7:30pm
- First Night of Awana | Wednesday, September 1 at 6:15pm
Awana is our mid-week ministry to boys & girls. We meet each Wednesday from 6:15-8:00pm. Learn more here.
LADIES’ BIBLE STUDIES
FALL STUDIES BEGIN SOON!
Classes this fall are offered in person at church, online via video conference, or by independent study. Classes are available:
- Monday Afternoon
- Tuesday morning, afternoon or evening
- Thursday morning or evening
Childcare is offered from 9:00-11:00am on Thursdays. Questions? Contact Dede
Warner at email@example.com. To register or for more information, see the table in the lobby or view classes here or sign up on your mybethany.
AUGUST 19| 11:00am
All Boomers/Seniors Engaged in Serving and Sharing Together are invited to join us! Enjoy lunch in the Sr. High room as we hear from our GO Partner, Shannon. RSVP on your MyBethany or call the church office at 692-1755.
CHURCH MEMBERSHIP CLASS
AUGUST 28 @ 8:00am | Room 805
Interested in learning more about Bethany or becoming a church member? Attend this one day class on a Saturday morning. Call the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
PARENT/CHILD DEDICATION CLASS
AUGUST 22 @ 9:15am | Conference Room
Parents wishing to have a child dedicated should attend this class. If you’ve previously been to a class, it’s not necessary to attend again. The next scheduled dedication is August 29. If you plan on attending the class or would like to participate in the dedication during the 9:00 or 10:30 service, please contact email@example.com.
AUGUST 16 | 7-9pm, Prayer Room
Women anywhere in the process of foster care and/or adoption are invited to this informal time of encouragement, fellowship and prayer.
NIGHT OF WORSHIP
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 5 | 7:00pm
Mark your calendars to join us outside for an evening of worship. Don’t forget to bring your lawn chairs. (In the event of rain, we will meet in the sanctuary.) We will also have a time of ice cream fellowship afterward!
- Weekly Need // $53,804
- Received Last Week // $62,471
- 2021-2022 Budget // $2,797,800
LESSONS ON THE HOLY SPIRIT
IN STEP: TRUE SPIRIT-FILLED COMMUNITY
True community thrives as we keep in step with God’s Spirit.
Four lessons on true community to help us keep in step with God’s Spirit:
- WATCH OUT — SELFISHNESS DESTROYS IT
THE DANGER GOD POINTS OUT (15)
- TAKE STEPS — IT’S ANYTHING BUT NATURAL
THE DIFFICULTY GOD DESCRIBES (16-18)
- BE CLEAR — IT STANDS OUT
THE DIFFERENCE GOD MAKES (19-24)
- LEAN IN — IT’S FOCUSED NOT ON GETTING, BUT ON GIVING
THE DIRECTION GOD GIVES (25-26)
- When did you last deeply experience true Spirit-filled community?
- What often keeps us from experiencing true community?
- What are some current difficulties facing our church family?
- What natural fleshly tendencies do you have to fight; & what fruit of God’s work have others seen in your life?
- What are some ways you are tempted to sinfully desire things from others and what are some ways can give towards community instead?