Bethany is a church family following Jesus together.
We sing His praises. We pray in His name. We teach His Word. We love His people. We share His message. All this and more we do together because THERE IS NONE LIKE HIM.
Whether you’ve been following Jesus for years or are just getting started, we hope today you experience the good news of Jesus and discover hot to take the next step on the path of following Him.
ORDER OF WORSHIP[do action=”secondary-button” label=”Give Online Safely & Securely” link=”https://giving.ncsservices.org/App/Giving/ncs-2851″/]
Welcome | Josh Beakley
Song: Brethren We Have Met To Worship (Holy Manna)
Song: His Mercy Is More
Song: Christ Be All
Song: There Is A Fountain
Scripture Reading: I John 5:13-21
Sermon: Genuine Devotion | Dr. Ritch Boerckel
Closing Song: My Worth Is Not In What I Own
Closing | Josh Beakley
THIS WEEK AT BETHANY
Sunday, May 17
Wednesday, May 20
• 6:30-7:00pm | Together We Stand – Livestream – Devotion on Facebook Live & Bethany’s website
• 7:30-8:00pm | Staying Real – Livestream – Student Ministries (Jr High, Sr High & College) on Bethany’s website
Sunday, May 24
• 8:15 & 11:00am | Worship Service Livestreams
UPDATE: In order to honor our authorities, there are no onsite worship services at Bethany at this time. However, the church building is available for small gatherings of ten people or less. Please contact the church office if you would like to use the building (309-692-1755). You can also reference our Life Together during COVID-19 update page for more details and resources for your family.
COMMUNITY NEWS & UPDATES
- Congratulations to our high school and college graduates! We are proud of you and your perseverance under difficult circumstances. Scroll down to see the list.
- We have a resource page designed to help you stay connected with your church family during this health crisis, including updates from our leadership team, worship service details, how-to videos for leading family devotions, and more! Check out Life Together during COVID-19.
- New Members – We are excited to vote in affirmation of the following joining Bethany at the Bethany Annual Meeting on May 31, at 3:00pm: Andrew Farmer, Zach & Lisa Kroehler, Marshall & Julie Schrader, Jim Sparks, Denny & Becky Unsicker, and Dustina VanBrocklin.
- CARE CENTRAL: Get Help | Give Help – It’s in times of crisis that gospel love often shines brightest. Taking two minutes to share your current needs (and the ways you can help others in need) demonstrates this love in a simple and powerful way. Click here to complete the 2 minute Care Survey.
- TOGETHER DAY BY DAY: Daily Email Devotional (Monday through Saturday) – Sign up to receive short email devotionals, written by our own Bethany elder team. This daily dose of truth in your inbox will help counter the barrage of fear and uncertainty around you. Sign up on myBethany.
- This week’s Children’s Ministry Newsletter available now! Each week our children’s ministry team provides teaching materials to help make your time at home with your kids fruitful and encouraging. Check out the latest issue here!
- The easiest way to support Bethany with your tithes and offerings is to click here and make a one-time or recurring gift online. You can also use your own bank’s online bill pay tools or send a check by mail to: Bethany Baptist Church, 7422 N. Heinz Ln., Edwards, IL 61528.
- Weekly Need // $52,746
- Received Last Week // $60,506
- Proposed 2020-2021 Budget // $2,742,800
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Together We Stand – Livestream Bible Study | 6:30pm, each Wednesday
Tune in on Facebook Live or live.bethanycentral.org as Pastors Ritch and Josh share from God’s Word, pray for our church, and lead us in worship during this informal 30-minute devotional time.
- Staying Real – Livestream Student Ministries Gathering | 7:30pm, each Wednesday
Pastors Josh and Jimmy, along with Billy Schick go live each Wednesday night to answer students’ questions on the air, to talk about faith and real life, and to encourage our youth. Check out Staying Real at live.bethanycentral.org.
- ENGAGE – Online Student Teaching & Preaching Event | Friday, May 29 from 7:00-8:45pm
We are excited to announce that we are going to be holding an online Engage event this year! Tune in to live.bethanycentral.org on May 29th and watch as our students deliver recorded presentations and teaching on the topic of God and money. Participants will explore the topic of worshipping God through finances and how our faith influences our beliefs regarding debt, gambling, giving to the church, investing and saving.
- Bethany Annual Meeting | Sunday, May 31 at 3:00pm
Join us online for a time of reflection, devotion and prayer, including: budget summary and officer vote, new member vote, and a look ahead. More information, including the proposed budget, is available on myBethany.
- All Church Bible Reading Plan | Beginning June 1
We are excited to announce we will be offering an all-church 10-week Bible Reading Plan beginning June 1. The selected passages in this plan will give a broad overview of God’s Word. We believe that God gave His Word to His church to nourish us so that the body of Christ would “grow so that it builds itself up in love” (Ephesians 4:16). We pray that this summer reading plan will help us listen to God together as we read the same weekly passages. We pray that our reading His Word together will strengthen our faith and will prompt us to reach out to love one another in deed and in truth. Please join your church family this summer as we read some of the key passages from Genesis to Revelation! Watch your bulletin and weekly email for more information coming soon.
- Ladies Bible Studies | Beginning in June
Using the all-church ten week reading plan, Ladies Bible Study groups will meet weekly to read a portion of Scripture, discuss the passages, and pray together. These groups will meet online and are limited in size to foster discussion and encourage accountability. For those comfortable meeting in-person, small groups no larger than 10 people (heeding state guidelines of social distancing) will also be available. To learn more, see available groups, and to sign up, please click the Ladies Bible Studies link above.
- Thinking Together – Short Devotional Meditations from our Teaching Pastors
This new bi-weekly series of short videos features our teaching pastors in their homes, helping us think about the Gospel together through this season of hardship and trial. The series explores relevant biblical texts to unleash clear gospel truth for real everyday impact.
- Together at Home – How-to Videos for Family Devotions
A series of short videos featuring our pastors filmed in their own homes as they demonstrate the practice of leading family devotions.
CONGRATULATIONS, CLASS OF 2020!
Mathilda Bell – Bradley University
Maddi Butler – Bradley University
Benjamin Clore – Illinois Central Christian School
Hadley Dornon – Dunlap High School
Alaina Graham – Brimfield High School
Matthew Moorman – Peoria Christian School
Nathan Smith – Richwoods High School
Curtis DeBacker – Ohio Northern University
Cameron Delinski – Western Illinois University
Jeannie Ellison – Illinois Central College
Tanner Graham – Bradley University
Cheryl Harvey – Illinois Central College
Ellen Kelch – OSF College of Nursing
Lauren Kelch – Illinois State University
Taylor Saucier – Bradley University
If you missed the invitation to submit your graduate’s name the previous two weeks, it’s not too late! We will be publishing this list in the digital bulletin again next week. To be included, send an email to email@example.com with your high school or college graduate’s name and school. For post-secondary degrees (master’s, doctorate, etc.) please also include degree/emphasis.